Sunday, December 21, 2008


Monday is the big day - Scoopy goes in for her "makeover". We spent most of the day Saturday moving those things we use frequently from Scoopy to the mobile home across the street that we have rented as our temporary housing.

Where did all this stuff come from?? The number of trips we made back and forth from Scoopy to the mobile home was amazing! Everything in the refridgerator and freezer had to move, along with pots, pans, plates, bowls, glasses, knives. Bedding, towels, books, food from the cupboards, wine. All of our cool weather clothing and shoes, and our "holiday outfits". Hiking boots, slippers, shoes. Cosmetics, vitamins, our calendar and all the day-to-day paperwork. Our files, checkbooks, loose cash. Luna's food, cat box, condo and toys. It seemed like it went on and on and on. It was amazing how much we hauled from one place to the other.

We planned to complete the move on Saturday, so we could spend Saturday night in the mobile home and figure out what we had forgotten, with a chance to move it before Monday. On Sunday (today), we were going to give the mostly empty interior of Scoopy a good cleaning.

Our well-laid plans were thrown out of whack by our health - we both have colds! I think Odel was ever-so-slightly better on Saturday than on Friday; I was far worse. I just focused on getting stuff moved and put away in the mobile home - once that was accomplished, I collapsed on the bed with a book, kleenex, zinc lozenges, and cough drops. UGH is the only way to describe how I felt (today is slightly better).

Odel kept going, with enough energy to vacuum and shampoo the carpets. The amazingly messy refridgerator will have to wait, along with the dusting, mopping and countertop cleaning. Plenty of time for that when we get Scoopy AND our health back!


  1. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    We wish you a very Merry Christmas
    and a Happy New Year full of new travels and adventures!
    donna and brian

  2. We know all about moving, as we stayed in one of the park models at the KOA, while we moved stuff from the Airstream into the bus. It was nice being in a larger place while doing all the moving back and forth, but, then, we had to move all the stuff in the park model into the bus. We sure do accumulate lots of stuff, even living in an RV. I hope you both feel better soon, so you can get back to your adventures!

    We might be down around there in the next few days, maybe we can get together...

    Hugs, Sharon & Ron