Friday, September 7, 2007

PORTRAIT OF JOY

This is not a photo I took (I don't even know this dog!), but it is a photo I love. This look - the smile, the closed eyes, the relaxed ears - captures the essence of joy. I can't help but smile when I see it.

I believe it is the photo used for one of the Kiva lenders, on their lender page. Since the airing of Oprah's "Giving" show earlier this week, and the release of Bill Clinton's new book that mentions Kiva, I no longer need to try to "get the word out". The Kiva site has been overwhelmed with new lenders, so much so that there are rarely borrowers available on the site - those that appear are fully funded in minutes. The power of Oprah!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, Laurie, this is the perfect picture of a happy and relaxed pooch. It really looks like he's smiling and it made me smile when I saw it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs, Sharon & Ron

    ReplyDelete