Monday, September 10, 2007

ITCHING TO HITCH UP

With temperatures in Portland today forecast to be around 90 degrees, we went in the other direction, heading east along the Columbia. We chose a hike on the south side of the river, through the dappled light on the shady north side of the bluffs, climbing way, way, way up to Angel's Rest. Look at this fabulous view!

It was great to hit the trail again, and put me into the mood to get moving. As much as I have enjoyed the cool summer weather here in Oregon and Washington, after three months, I'm ready to see new sights. We're fine-tuning our plans to visit new-to-us parts of eastern Oregon ... I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You're itching to hitch up and move on. I, on the other hand, look at that gorgeous photo and am itching to hitch up and take your place there.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete