Tuesday, December 12, 2006

300 Miles, 1 Border, 1 Time Zone

There is nothing special about the drive from Aguanga, California to Gila Bend, Arizona. Miles of scrub, very dry. Lots of trucks, a few cars...

Around this time last year, I decided that knitting would be an excellent hobby for the days we are underway. I'm still working on my first project, and on my first ball of yarn! I don't know how to undo goofs so everytime I make one, I undo the entire scarf and start over.

I got a LOT done today. Here is how it looked when I started working on it this morning. (Remember, I am using a wide angle lens so my thighs look WAY wider than they are in reality!)



We arrived at the Gila Bend Elks Lodge at 5 pm MST, just before the sun went down. This photo of Scoopy and Jules is extremely kind to the parking area, a big gravel lot. Not pretty, but very convenient. We are facing the road, ready to leave first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment