Sunday, June 8, 2008

EXPERIENCING THE ZIP LINE

Upon reading in the Sacramento Bee newspaper about a "zip line" not far from his home, my Dad (80+, way to go, Daddy) decided he wanted a zip line ride for Father's Day.

As it happened, Odel and I have been here in Sacramento for the past month, and my sister Sydney and her husband, Frank, came up for a short visit from Bisbee, Arizona. We all will have departed by Father's Day, so we set the adventure for last Friday.

The zip line at Moaning Cavern, in the gold country along Highway 49, is a double line, so two people can zip side by side, or race. My sister Sydney was game for a ride, too, so they both suited up in the zip shack. My mom, my bro-in-law Frank, and I stayed on the ground with our cameras ready.

I have a new camera which takes pretty decent videos, so decided to try to capture the ride. In the video, Daddy is on the left, Sydney is on the right. You can see how she "cannon balled" so that she was able to zoom past him!

4 comments:

  1. That is so AWESOME!!! How fun!!And how cool to have the video show on the blog!! I'm so impressed!
    dona

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Are we IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie,
    I saw that zipline a few months ago while in the gold country. I really want to do that, it looks like so much fun.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Loved seeing your Dad and Sister on the video. And the end looks like they both just go off over the ledge into oblivion. Good shooting.
    Nancy and Jerry

    ReplyDelete